Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stress and Disappointment

Between work and current finances I am feeling quite stressed. We are getting things back on track financially but like my weight I am annoyed that we let it get away from us. I hate money! Work has been slow due to the postal strike but is picking back up again now that it is over but we are dealing with a lot of people that are waiting for money and they are not pleased. Apparently it is our fault that their mail has not been delivered.

On the disappointment side an old friend was supposed to come for dinner tonight...needless to say he was a no show. I made the potato salad last night and we both rushed home to be sure we were ready and could have dinner on the table quickly. When he was 30 minutes late we started sending BBM (Black Berry Messenger) - no response. Finally when he was 1 hour and 15 minutes late he finally responded saying he was on new meds and the screwed him up ( he hurt himself). I understand this but we had asked him yesterday if he was feeling up to it and then this morning Yvon asked if he could bring some ice cream for with dessert and he said it wouldn't be a problem....This is not the first time - when I was pregnant he was all talk about how he wanted to be Uncle and blah, blah, blah, I have Grace and it took him 3 months to come and meet her. He only came because he had to pick up a movie from us - he couldn't even stay 15 minutes. That was the last time we saw him and after tonight we will not be making any effort to see him again.

I did okay with my eating today but I did have some chips that I really did not need. Just have to get better every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment