Monday, September 12, 2011

Ups and Ups......

I had an interesting week...I ate like crap but I completed my first 5k! I did not seem to care what I put in my mouth but I got to the gym twice last week and I completed my first 5k. I am so proud of my activity last week and I am looking forward to doing more!

I don't know my time for the 5k because it hasn't been published yet but I ran for almost 4 1/2 k straight before I had to stop and walk for a little bit. It was a really warm day and I felt like I was going to die! Well not really but I was pretty pooped by the end of it but I felt so accomplished =) I will post my time when I get it. I am going to push myself to run 3 times per week starting next week and plan for another race in the coming months. I am also going to be signing up for this at the gym to help keep me motivated and help raise some money for cancer research.

Today was not much better in the eating category as it was my birthday lunch at work and we go to this amazing little pizza place =) I have lunch and dinner planned for tomorrow and a workout at the gym. Hubby starts his class tomorrow so Grace and I will probably walk to the park or something to pass the time.

5 comments:

  1. Great job staying active!! Good job on the 5k too. I'm sure you did amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job on your running!

    Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and congrats on the 5K!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bellefit® Inc produces a series of medical compression garments that help women through pregnancy and weight loss. A woman usually receives an abdominal binder from the hospital immediately after a Cesarean birth. The binder is typically worn during the time that a new mother is recuperating in the hospital. A well made binder can provide adjustable support and protect the cesarean incision during the first few days of recovery. However, once the immediate postpartum swelling begins to subside, a postpartum body support garment can provide constant and consistent 360 degree pressure to assist in keeping the incision stable.

    When you leave the hospital after your Cesarean birth you are encouraged to avoid lifting anything over 10 pounds and limit activity to reduce unnecessary trauma to the incision site. Muscle tissue underneath the incision, which was separated to allow for the baby’s birth, will take several weeks to mend. While a binder is a good choice for you during your hospital stay, a Bellefit garment provides superior support and stabilization.
    C-section recovery after C-section pain is facilitated by using post-pregnancy corset. A Bellefit garment protects the incision area, keeps the abdomen flat on either side of the incision to reduce the severity of scarring, and provides light compression to mitigate fluid accumulation. A Bellefit garment that specifically addresses the needs of a woman who has undergone a Cesarean birth offers support to the entire torso, abdominal wall, and assists in incision healing. Furthermore, a Bellefit garment stabilizes the pelvic floor and supports the spine, giving you greater body stability and confidence so you can care for your child as you transitions back to your daily life. Sizes from X-Small to X-Large. After c-section,
    Bellefit is recommended by doctor. Bellefit provides support for pendulous abdomen after pregnancy. It helps straighten the spine after nine months carrying the baby. It provides compression and prevents enlargement of fatty cells. It helps the uterus go back to its place in less time. Easy access to the groin with convenient flap with hooks. Stays in place and offers overall support. Won’t roll down your back or ride up your buttocks. It helps you perform daily duties without feeling the aftermath effects of an overweight belly. Highly necessary on the second or third pregnancy. Great for lymphatic drainage; decreases the risks of fluid collection and helps reduce swelling. Perfect to use after surgery not only for C-Section, but also Hysterectomy, Cervical Cerclage, Diastasis-Recti, Previous Placenta, and Fibroma.

    ReplyDelete