Monday, September 5, 2011

Good Bye Long Weekend

I am so sad to see you go! We have had a great long weekend and I do not want it to be over! The weather has been so nice and we have spent a lot of time in the sun. We have had a busy but nice weekend - we had friends over on Saturday night (Martha's Best Mac & Cheese - SO amazing!), my parents hung out with Grace so the hubby and I could finally go and see Captain America on Sunday and today we packed up and walked 4km to the park so a nice picnic! We got the wee one to bed early tonight and have taken some time to get a few odds and ends together.

I got on the scale this morning and it read 184.4 - not quite all gone but close enough that I am really happy with my results. My eating was good for the most part of the weekend and I kept myself active with some walking. I was wanting to get a run in on Friday but I was wiped and just not in the mood. I will be hitting the gym tomorrow for my first of 2 workouts this week. I have running on Wednesday so I will try and get a run in tomorrow night - see how I feel after the gym.

I tried my first smoothie this morning and it was yummy. I made them for hubby and I with 3 peaches, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt and 1/2 cup skim milk. It was not the best I have every had but I am going to keep trying. Any suggestions/recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. I had one this morning and I always use 2 cups spinach, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup skim milk, a banana, and 2 packets of sweetener. Sometimes I use frozen mixed berries or tropical fruit instead of the strawberries, but I never leave out the banana. I think that's what hides the spinach so well :) I mix a little flax seed in most of the time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Every attempt at smoothie making has been gag worthy. I will have to read the suggestions you receive.

    ReplyDelete