Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sick Baby

I was home from work today with a sick little baby. Grace has been coughing and congested for the last few days so I decided to keep her home to get some real rest. She has started coughing at about 1:30 the last 2 night and about every half hour after that. I kept her home to let her relax and recoup and took her to the doctor to be double safe. There is nothing wrong with her - just too much mucous. Poor little thing. We are going to keep her home tomorrow too but my mom will look after her as she doesn't work on Friday. I am really happy that I did not let the day get away from me because I was home and off of my regular schedule. I didn't quite get enough water but my eating was really good.

I did not get to the gym but I did get out for 2 walks - nothing great but I was really happy with my effort. I am looking forward to not weighing what I did last week. I won't be back to where I was when I actually weighed in the time before that but I will get there. I just have to keep working at it. The next few months are going to be hard but I have given up fast food (except Subway and Quiznos) to give me some extra help. My brother is getting married on August 13th and leading up to that we have 2 other wedding and 4 bridal showers....It's going to be hard but if I stick mostly to fruit and veggies at the showers and a small piece of cake I should be okay. I am going to do my best to get extra activity by walking on my lunch hours....I will need the time occasionally to do some shopping and planning. I am hosting a shower for my sister in law to be for about 23 people - it will go well ;)

Well I need to track the rest of my food for the day - hope yours was good!

3 comments:

  1. Wow my lil guy got a horrible cough too taking him in tomorrow. He sounds so bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I hope your little one feels better now! It sounds like you are doing awesome!I am sure you will do fine with your busy summer, you have a plan of action. That is great! :)

    ReplyDelete