Thursday, December 12, 2013

6 Months

My beautiful baby boy is 6 months old today! I can't believe it has been 6 months already - the time is passing WAY too fast! I have days where I struggle being home with 2 kids, I know I am so lucky to get a whole year off but boy is it crazy some days! There are days where I would go back to work tomorrow and there are days where I wish I really never had to. For the most part I am not cut out for the whole stay at home mom role.

6 months later and I am still struggling to get the baby weight off. I feel like a broken record but I just have not been putting the effort in. I have quit pop - it has been 2 days now and I am feeling good about it. I have an old friend I follow on Facebook that has dropped a lot of weight so I asked what her secret was and she said cutting out pop made a huge difference. So far I am down about 2 pounds this week and I just feel better.

I am disappointed in myself for not taking full advantage of my free time with Weight Watchers. I think I will start back up after Christmas - the meetings really do make a difference. I have bought myself a little journal and I want to track what I am eating as well as how I am feeling. The 2 seem to go hand in hand. I am stuck here at over 200lbs and it just makes me sick to think about it. I have never understood why feeling bad about your weight leads to eating like shit....maybe one day I will get it?

I have started an ab challenge I saw on Facebook. My stomach muscles are just shot after pregnancy and I am hoping this will help. The other thing I would like to start is running again. I just need to find a time or partner so I can run at night. I don't have a proper stroller to run with both kids and I would like to go on my own - have a little ME time. I don't know that I will follow a specific program but I would like to work my way up to a solid 5k and see where I go from there. I know the C25K is a great program but I am not sure it's what is right for me.

Well that is all I have for now - hopefully I won't be gone quite so long this time...

1 comment: