Thursday, April 11, 2013

GD Free!

I finally had my doctors appointment today and I do not have gestational diabetes! I was starting to worry! Everything is good and healthy with me and the baby and no surprise to me but the baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead! I knew this was going to be another big baby! Grace was 9 lbs when she was born.

On that topic - my baby girl is going to be 3 tomorrow! I can't believe it has been 3 years already....
 
 
I have taken tomorrow off to prepare for her birthday party on Saturday. She is so excited for all her little friends to come to her birthday party :)
 
I have planned  a simple party with some very kid friendly foods.
 
At my doctors appointment I hit 212 - wow that is a scary number in print for me. This is the heaviest I have ever been. I know it is baby but it still really freaks me out. I was 210 at home so that is 18 pounds total at 30 weeks. I am hoping to keep this under control for the next 10 weeks. I have been making a real effort to pick the right foods. One of the ladies I work with is doing a juice fast with her husband and it has me thinking again about getting a juicer. I know it is best to eat the fruit or vegetable but it couldn't hurt to get some extra in all of us - especially when  I start nursing. I need to do some research and finally make up my mind. I go between smoothies and juicing and I know either would be a good choice. Anyone have any real pros or cons on either?

3 comments:

  1. We recently bought a juicer, and I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I was hoping that some of the fruits and veggies we didn't like, we'd be able to juice to get them into our diet. Nope! The ones I don't like to eat, I don't like as a juice either for the most part (some can be masked by others). Aside from that.. A big pro- drinking your fruits and veggies can be a lot more convenient. A big con- it can get expensive fast. For just the 3 of us to have fresh orange juice, we're looking at 7-8 oranges vs 3 if we just ate them. Just something to think about! If you do get one, centrifugal juicers preserve more of the nutrients and keep the juice fresh longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is really something to think about - I was hoping the same thing about veggies I don't like!

      Delete
  2. It's remarkable to pay a quick visit this website and reading the views of all friends regarding this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting experience.

    Visit my blog - phen375 effectiveness

    ReplyDelete